Welcome to Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy!
Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy is a privately owned outpatient practice dedicated to providing first class quality care in a family oriented atmosphere. We provide specialized treatment plans for orthopedic, neurological, musculoskeletal and sports injury patients. The entire staff at Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy is committed to giving you the quality care your body needs and the personal care you deserve.
The health care profession of physical therapy provides quality, comprehensive treatment if you are injured or suffering from any type of movement or function disorder. As a key member of today's dynamic health care team, Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy will prescribe a goal-oriented program of evaluation, treatment and prevention for your specific needs. Our staff is here to help - every step of the way!
Conditions we treat
- Orthopedic and Sports Injuries
- Pre/Post Surgical Rehabilitation
- Back and Neck Injuries/Pain
- Work Injuries
- Auto Accident Injuries
Benefits of Physical Therapy
- Relieve pain and muscle spasms
- Improve mobility and increase range of motion
- Increase/maintain muscle strength and endurance
- Decrease swelling and inflammation of joints
- Decrease physical stresses
- Prevent/limit permanent physical disabilities
- Available to all of our patients upon completion of your physical therapy rehab. Our monthly membership will give you access to all gym equipment along with a personalized exercise program.
- “If you are searching for a physical therapist following an injury or surgery, search no more. Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy is the best! I had been to four different PT facilities over the years, but never felt like I wanted
to come back for the next visit. I love this place!
You will too”
- “I feel so fortunate to have learned of Sports & Orthopedic PT from my friend and also my doctor. I am healing in a happy, healthy environment”
- “From the first time you walk in the front door, you’re treated like family. I’ve never experienced this level of personal care and treatment anywhere. Everyone at Sports & Orthopedic truly cares about you and your recovery”
- “I’ve long since completed my PT, and joined Sports & Orthopedics Gym Program. I continue to work out regularly so that my sciatic and back pain remain under control, without surgery or drugs. Life is good”
- “I have recommended Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy to several of my friends who also needed PT for a variety of reasons. My friends have all thanked me for they too were very pleased with the results they accomplished”
- “Previous experiences with physical therapy did not make me a believer so when my doctor recommended PT for a pinched nerve in my neck I was not very enthusiastic. After 3 months at Sports & Orthopedic PT I was able to cancel my appointment
for steroid injections AND my appointment with the spinal surgeon. NOW I’m a believer”
Behind the awesome service.
Randy S. Hicks, MPT, CEO
Randy’s involvement with Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy started long ago as an undergraduate at Fresno State. While completing his Sports Medicine B.S. degree, Randy received an internship at the clinic and following completion
was hired as a PT aide.
As part of the esteemed Fresno State University Sports Medicine program, Randy was the head student athletic trainer for the 1999 Fresno State football team where he had the privilege of working alongside world class physicians, providing on field care for athletes and traveling the country with the team. Upon completion of his B.S., Randy was accepted to the Fresno State Master of Physical Therapy program and completed his MPT degree, Magna Cum Laude, in 2004.
After working in two outpatient private practices as a staff therapist for several years, Randy was fortunate to acquire Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy in 2012. Since that time Randy has been dedicated to building a first class facility, expanding the practice, and growing the excellent reputation Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy has established for decades.
When Randy is not in the clinic, he is spending time with his family. Randy, his wife, and two boys enjoy any activity on the water but nothing more than wakeboarding and tubing on Millerton Lake. Randy also enjoys cycling and BBQ 12 months a year!
Travis Hunsaker, DPT, ATC
Travis began his education at Fresno State University and in 2007 earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology. While completing the academic coursework to become a Certified Athletic Trainer, Travis worked as a student trainer
for multiple sports teams and eventually became the head student athletic trainer for the Fresno State Women’s basketball team in 2007.
After being accepted into Fresno State’s Master of Physical Therapy program, Travis graduated with his MPT degree in 2011 as the class valedictorian.
While working as a staff physical therapist for a local physical therapy practice, Travis began the coursework for his Doctorate in Physical Therapy. With an Evidence in Motion emphasis, Travis’ doctorate focused on orthopedic studies, including detailed manual therapy techniques, and evidence based practice. Travis believes in hands on treatment and care that focuses on the entire well-being of the patient.
Travis, his wife, and their 2 dogs enjoy spending time on the couch watching Carolina Panther football. When not at work or rooting for the Panthers, you will most likely find Travis at the gym playing basketball, weightlifting, or running.
For your convenience, we've provided our patients forms on our website. To help expedite your first visit, please download, print and complete the forms. Bring them with you when you come in for your first visit. If you choose to fill out the patient form packet at our office, please arrive 10-15 minutes before your appointment to allow enough time to get them completed before your appointment. Our forms are PDF files. To download and print the forms, you'll need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader program.
Thank you for visiting our website! If you have any questions or concerns about our services, please use the contact form to submit an E-mail. We look forward to hearing from you!
Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy
6335 North Fresno Street, Suite 108
Fresno, CA 93710