Welcome to Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy!
Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy is a privately owned outpatient practice dedicated to providing first class quality care in a family oriented atmosphere. We provide specialized treatment plans for orthopedic, neurological, musculoskeletal and sports injury patients. The entire staff at Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy is committed to giving you the quality care your body needs and the personal care you deserve.
The health care profession of physical therapy provides quality, comprehensive treatment if you are injured or suffering from any type of movement or function disorder. As a key member of today's dynamic health care team, Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy will prescribe a goal-oriented program of evaluation, treatment and prevention for your specific needs. Our staff is here to help - every step of the way!
Conditions we treat
- Orthopedic and Sports Injuries
- Pre/Post Surgical Rehabilitation
- Back and Neck Injuries/Pain
- Work Injuries
- Auto Accident Injuries
Benefits of Physical Therapy
- Relieve pain and muscle spasms
- Improve mobility and increase range of motion
- Increase/maintain muscle strength and endurance
- Decrease swelling and inflammation of joints
- Decrease physical stresses
- Prevent/limit permanent physical disabilities
Health + Wellness Program
- For more information, speak to your Physical Therapist about our monthly membership programs available upon the completion of your physical therapy treatments.
- “If you are searching for a physical therapist following an injury or surgery, search no more. Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy is the best! I had been to four different PT facilities over the years, but never felt like I wanted
to come back for the next visit. I love this place!
You will too”
- “I feel so fortunate to have learned of Sports & Orthopedic PT from my friend and also my doctor. I am healing in a happy, healthy environment”
- “From the first time you walk in the front door, you’re treated like family. I’ve never experienced this level of personal care and treatment anywhere. Everyone at Sports & Orthopedic truly cares about you and your recovery”
- “I have recommended Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy to several of my friends who also needed PT for a variety of reasons. My friends have all thanked me for they too were very pleased with the results they accomplished”
- “Previous experiences with physical therapy did not make me a believer so when my doctor recommended PT for a pinched nerve in my neck I was not very enthusiastic. After 3 months at Sports & Orthopedic PT I was able to cancel my appointment
for steroid injections AND my appointment with the spinal surgeon. NOW I’m a believer”
Behind the awesome service.
Randy S. Hicks, MPT, Owner
Randy’s involvement with Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy started long ago as an undergraduate at Fresno State. While completing his Sports Medicine B.S. degree, Randy received an internship at the clinic and following completion
was hired as a PT aide.
As part of the esteemed Fresno State University Sports Medicine program, Randy was the head student athletic trainer for the 1999 Fresno State football team where he had the privilege of working alongside world class physicians, providing on field care for athletes and traveling the country with the team. Upon completion of his B.S., Randy was accepted to the Fresno State Master of Physical Therapy program and completed his MPT degree, Magna Cum Laude, in 2004.
After working in two outpatient private practices as a staff therapist for several years, Randy was fortunate to acquire Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy in 2012. Since that time Randy has been dedicated to building a first class facility, expanding the practice, and growing the excellent reputation Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy has established for decades.
When Randy is not in the clinic, he is spending time with his family. Randy, his wife, and two boys enjoy any activity on the water but nothing more than wakeboarding and tubing on Millerton Lake. Randy also enjoys cycling and BBQ 12 months a year!
Michelle L. Donovan, DPT
Michelle began her education at Fresno Pacific University, where she competed in Track & Field for 3 years. She graduated in 2011 with her Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology: Pre-Physical Therapy. Prior to applying to graduate school, Michelle worked as a Track and Field Coach, focusing on long jump and triple jump events. She then completed her doctorate degree at Fresno State and graduated Summa Cum Laude in 2016. Her prior education and experience has led her to accumulate experience in various settings: outpatient orthopedics, acute-care, neuro-outpatient, and aquatic therapy.
Michelle’s passion for physical therapy comes from her lifelong love of participating and competing in sports (track & field, swimming, gymnastics), working out and helping others to reach their own goals.
When Michelle isn't working, she enjoys rock-climbing, reading, and spending time with her husband.
For your convenience, we've provided our patients forms on our website. To help expedite your first visit, please download, print and complete the forms. Bring them with you when you come in for your first visit. If you choose to fill out the patient form packet at our office, please arrive 10-15 minutes before your appointment to allow enough time to get them completed before your appointment. Our forms are PDF files. To download and print the forms, you'll need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader program.
Thank you for visiting our website! If you have any questions or concerns about our services, please use the contact form to submit an E-mail. We look forward to hearing from you!
Sports & Orthopedic Physical Therapy
6335 North Fresno Street, Suite 108
Fresno, CA 93710